woensdag, juli 07, 2004

 

A Special Farm For Special People ( Dutch link)

Tomorrow's the BIG day for me. It's the first real morning on the Special Farm. On the Special Farm I will help Jos and Karin, the farmers, with their work. I will feed the cows, clean the rabbit's cages, help with the goats, groom the ponies, and see if the chickens have laid their eggs. Maybe there will be tractors. I get to wear a coverall and boots for the job, just like Jos. Of course I am very excited about all of this. I talk about it several times a day.
(Note: here's how we finance this. The Dutch government gives every citizen the right to choose your own personal care. For a child with autism this can mean hiring your own teachers. Nick has a Personal Budget, money from the Government, to pay all his 'staff'. Also from this budget he will pay the farmers Jos & Karin)

Comments: Een reactie posten

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?